Yes there is a visa required for all Filipino citizens before traveling to Taiwan. Do not worry its just easy as 123.
For Filipinos who have visa issued by Australia, Canada, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, any of the Schengen countries, the United Kingdom, or the United States you do not have to apply for Taiwan visa you just have to meet these conditions for a travel certificate to Taiwan:
- Valid resident or permanent resident card
- Valid entry visa (may be electronic visa)
- Resident card or visa that has expired less than 10 years prior to the date of arrival in Taiwan
In addition to that, you must meet the following conditions to be eligible for an ROC Travel Authorization Certificate:
- Your passport must have remaining validity of at least six months.
- You must have your airline roundtrip ticket.
- You must never been employed as a blue-collar worker in Taiwan.
IF you do not have any visa issued by the above mentioned countries you may apply your visa personally at Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in the Philippines, located at 41F, Tower 1, RCBC Plaza, 6819 Ayala Avenue, Makati City 1200, Metro Manila, Philippines
For those who intend to travel to Republic of China(Taiwan) for a short visit these are the requirements :
1. An online Visa Application Form, be sure to fill up this form and print it out before going to the embassy. Printed form is valid for 15 days only.
2. Two passport size photos with white background (taken w/in the last 3 months).
3. Passport valid for at least 6 months and old passport showing previous travels (I did not bring my old passport )
4. Birth Certificate issued by NSO ( You can apply here and delivered straight to your home)
5. Marriage Contract issued by NSO (if female applicant is married)
6. Certificate of Employment
7. Financial statements of the applicant (Bank Book or Bank Statements) (This is the most essential requirement of all I suggest you have at least P50,000 on your bank and request for 3 months bank statement)
8. Its better to submit your detailed itinerary as well
9. Submitted to this office should be Original and with 1 photocopy
NOTE: Applicants over 60 years of age for tourist purpose may waive the documents No.6 and No.7 above.
- You must submit a valid ID at the receptionist of the embassy and get a number (your queue)
- Go to the 41F ask the guard he will help you file up your requirements, prepare your form and the picture.
- Wait for your number to called, and submit the requirements I waited for about 3o minutes depending on the applicants and agencies applying.
- After submitting your documents you will be asked to be seated to be called for payment.
- After payment you are already done just hold on to the slip they gave you, other person can claim your passport as long as they present that slip.
Just take note of these times:
Office hours for the consular affairs: Monday – Friday 08:45 – 16:45,(morning: filing, afternoon: releasing) noon break 11:45 – 13:45
Address: 41F, Tower 1, RCBC Plaza, 6819 Ayala Avenue, Makati City 1200, Metro Manila, Philippines
Tel: (63-2) 8876688
Fax: (63-2) 8877679